Thursday, May 13, 2010

Buick factory Kearsley Street

This postcard dated March 14th 1910 shows workers inside the original factory on west Kearsley st. in Flint Michigan. I tried to translate the writing on the back but it is a combination of Danish, Norwegian and broken English. Basically it started out as "Dear Faithful Neooter" and speaks about an upcoming Easter visit and that all are healthy. This would have been during the transition of engine work moving over to the big new factory on the north side of town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gerry,

I have just received copies of "A Place Called Buick", Second Edition. The new book is a limited printing, and only available in hardcover. If you are willing, I would like to email you some information on the book. You would be welcome to post it on your blog.

I have received a lot of requests for the book since it went out of print, so I decided that a small limited-edition printing would fit the need. The new work is over 60 pages more than the first edition, and includes more photos and larger photos.

If you would like to see the information, please feel free to email me at thebents33@aol.com

Thank you,
Don Bent